The veil lifted a few inches today! I've found myself evaluating Bill's progress on a day to day basis...and was setting myself up for discouragement. For every good day, there is at least one not so good day, and so it has been a bumpy ride. Today, and actually, a portion of last evening, he was more articulate, his humor was surfacing (in some form, anyway), and he was able to express how "crappy" he felt. That's a good thing! I'm just rejoicing in the hope that this has given me, that someday this will all seem like a bad dream. So, Praise God for little signs that give hope!
Now that I've participated in all of Bill's therapies, I'm going to step back a little and let them do their thing. It's definitely in my emotional best interest to not be quite so involved, and I realize my limitations right now in that department.
So, here's to Hope of all forms....
Love to all, Nancy
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Nan,
ReplyDeleteGlad that you were able to see some encouraging progress today! Someone once advised me not to look for day to day changes, but to look for weekly changes. That was a help to me, and maybe you and Bill are at that point now where that would be helpful.
Always in our prayers,
Love,
Karen & Neal
Hi Nancy, I'm so glad you were able to see some progress today. We noticed last night that he was recognizing that he was definitely having some difficulties. We are praying that you and Bill's spirits will be lifted even when that day's improvements are not so great. Love, Ruth and Jim
ReplyDeleteHi Nancy,
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are seeing some improvements. God always seems to move in mysterious ways.Bill and your family are in our prayers on a daily basis.
Stay strong,
Doug Compagner
Just checking in to let you know that you remain in our thoughts and prayers daily and in our hearts constantly. Love Gary & Nancy
ReplyDeleteNancy, It was great to see you yesterday for a brief glimpse. I would have loved to talk for a bit but I was on my way home to go to work! I wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I remember when Chad's uncle was at Mary Free Bed and he too had to look at weeks progress rather than days. He would have a few bad days for every good day. I pray too that this will soon be a distant memory. Continue to have faith in God that he will give you and Bill the strength you need for each day. Love, Cari
ReplyDeleteyour always in our thoughts and prayers, glad to see the lights on. in hope ,tom and paula
ReplyDelete