Today was Bill's best day yet as his mental status greatly improved. Evidently he just needed to catch up on his sleep yesterday. He has continued to sleep quite a bit today, but wakes up easily when we talk to him. His sense of humor is back -- while we were talking about how he survived raising 3 girls through adolescence, he quipped "I guess I didn't." We've continued to have visitors in and out throughout the day as Tim Mroz, Nancy and I hang out with Bill.
We feel that we have a good plan in place now and are more at peace with it. We are going to wait here at Metro Health until Monday at which time they'll get an imaging study to see if the sinus hole has sealed. Until then, he has to continue to lie flat on his back to keep pressure off the sinus patch. If there is no longer a leak on Monday, it will likely be a short stint in rehab to get Bill back to strength, and then home. If another surgery needs to be done, this will probably be done at a different hospital - Spectrum Health.
Tonight, Julie will be spending the night and Lisa will be keeping her company.
And one final comment from Bill as we were figuring out who was staying at the hospital with him and who was going home:
"Nancy and I will go home, and you guys can stay. Is there a problem with that?"
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear things are a little better today!! Continuing our prayers for comfort, healing and peace. Love you all!
ReplyDelete- Nick and Janna
Yea! this is wonderful news... thanks for the updates. i'll keep praying :) nicole
ReplyDelete....being flat on your back, with everyone you love so concerned for you, and you can still come up with a line that makes everyone laugh, good for you! We continue to keep you in prayer. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
ReplyDeleteBob and Sue Westdorp
Thanks for the update!I didn't get the news about the move until yesterday when I checked in with Gary. I'm up at camp right now and we were in the middle of freetime so I called home. We immediatly prayed and were in agreement that Bill was going to get better and go home so we are planning on it and your update today confirms it. We love you Bill and God say's he'll heal all your diseases!
ReplyDeletelove you and your family,
Susie
Glad to hear that things are starting to change and the healing process is beginning. We'll pray for a full healing and quick recovery.
ReplyDeleteAudrey (Braam) Straub