Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dr. Bill

At some point during the night, Dad decided the lowest piece of packing in his nose (there are at least two layers) was no longer needed. I arrived this morning to find him sound asleep... with the packing in his hand. After his nurse and I woke him up around 9, he was less than interested in breakfast...or any activity that involved staying awake. Even though the 'waxing and waning' is normal behavior for someone recovering from a brain 'injury', the decrease in responsiveness combined with the premature packing removal was enough to warrant yet another CT scan. Thankfully, the scan showed slightly less air in his head than yesterday, so the doctor's aren't concerned about the behavior change yet. ENT also felt the packing didn't need to be replaced. Dad perked up a little for lunch with Jess, but then slept the rest of the afternoon. I suppose 3 weeks without a full night of sleep is enough to make anyone tired.

And, so we wait....

2 comments:

  1. we anxiously await each commentary update. every ounce of improvement is cause for celibration .thankfully in prayer and hope we stand at your side. tom and paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. KEEP UP THE UPDATES!!! I CHECK EVERY DAY PRAYING FOR MORE IMPROVEMENT!! MY DAD IS EVEN CHECKING ON LINE HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COMMENT HE JUST TELLS ME TO KEEP TELLING YOU GUYS HE IS PRAYING AND THINKING ABOUT ALL OF YOU EVERY DAY!! JUST CALLS US IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!!!
    KARA DEJONG

    ReplyDelete