Sunday, August 9, 2009

surgery #4

ENT feels this leak could be found and fixed endoscopically (through the nose) and they're confident they'll be able to apply a graft to repair it. Surgery is scheduled for 3:00 this afternoon. Would've been sooner if it weren't for the muffins he ate this morning....

We are very hopeful.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lisa and Julie, for the update. Mom, Dave, Tim and Bob have been notified and we are all praying this will be what he needs. Jim and I will probably come tomorrow instead but we will talk to you before we do. You are all in our prayers. Try to rest and be comforted that God is good and he is in control. Love, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are with you in spirit and continue to pray for all of you. Thank you for the frequent updates. Love Gary & Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. our thoughts and prayers are with you constantly, as the sun shines across Lake M,may God be with you and the surgeons in the moments ahead. tom and paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bill, Nancy and Family, I am praying right now for the hands of the surgeon, that God will guide him and give him wisdom for this moment.
    Nancy, I wish I could be there to give you a hug, and share a tear. You are in my heart, and thoughts and prayers. Thank-you for the updates, even through the unbelievable struggles of the past few weeks your family has found reasons for smiles as they see glimpses of 'Bill" as you know and love him. Thank you for sharing those precious moments wit us. Love, Sue Kuipers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill, Nancy, and family,

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all through this time. The Lord upholds us and holds us - Deut. 33:27 "The eternal God is thy refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms." God also keeps us in His care. This verse from Ps 4:8 was a favorite one that our family would pray every night when my Dad was in the hospital. We pray this for you also... "I will both lay me down in peace and sleep for thou Lord, only makest me dwell in safely." May God continue grant healing and strength for Bill. God is GOOD!
    Joel and Jory Mulder and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa and the whole Gezon family,
    I heard about this from Kara and couldn't believe it. I know we haven't talked for years, but my prayers are with your family. I have been through a lot with both of my parents and I know the worry. It sounds like he has the best doctors with him and you guys for support. Keep in touch. Michele Bell

    ReplyDelete