Sunday, August 9, 2009

Surgery Success

After about two and a half hours in surgery, Dad returned to his room but was pretty sleepy from the anaesthesia. The surgeons felt the procedure went really well. They placed a good sized patch constructed from a graft of the septum over the leak.

We are very hopeful that this will patch the leak and we will be on the road to recovery.

It will probably be a couple days wait before we know if the quantity of air decreases and if the leak is sealed.

Thanks for the thoughts!

7 comments:

  1. We know what will be in our prayers tonight. It was a glorious sunset. To all a good night. blessings, tom and paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie, for the update. We pray that this is the answer and Bill will now begin the road to recovery. This has been another long day for all of you and now we pray that you can get some much needed rest. Love, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy they do procedures & surgeries on SUNDAY there in Ann Arbor instead of waiting until the week end is over. What good news & we pray this will stop the leak.


    Kathy Dykstra

    ReplyDelete
  4. So grateful to hear this wonderful news-still praying for a complete recovery for Bill. May you all rest in His almighty hands.
    Carol Strick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! so glad to hear that surgery went well! hope all you girls are holding up well too! you are all constantly in my prayers... jess anything you need give me a shout. I'm hoping after a good night sleep for pa-pa gezon and that there will be an update of singing and jello tomorrow!
    hugs!
    lins wohlford

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Happy to hear the good news. We continue to pray for all of you, and hope Bill will be on the way to full recovery and going home soon.
    katy Heydenburg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Bill, Nancy, Lisa, Jess and Julie,

    I've been thinking of you all SO much. I really appreciate all of your updates, and I'm thrilled that this latest surgery looks so promising. I hope you're able to rest a little more comfortably now, especially you, Aunt Nancy. I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon and giving Uncle Bill a big hug.

    Love,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete