Saturday, August 8, 2009
john jacob jingleheimer schmidt
Though Bill was sleepy and difficult to arouse throughout the day, he was quite awake for his meals. His appetite was very good and he particularly liked the spaghetti dinner. Afterward, he and Jess sang several rousing rounds of "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" complete with "Na, na, na, na, na, na, na" solos by Bill between verses with choreographed hand motions. The times that he is awake, interactive and funny remind us that the periods where he is almost unarousable are not permanent, and that there is hope for a good recovery once the air leak can be located and fixed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bill, Nancy & Family,
ReplyDeleteWe are checking Bill's progress daily & continue to pray for a full recovery. I can't imagine how frustrating & exhausting this must be for all of you. It seems every time there is a good report, the next one has further concerns.
Isaiah 41:10 has been a verse that has blessed me many times. "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Wish we could do more for you right now, but prayer is the most powerful thing anyone can do, so we are trusting God to hold you up with His strength, & heal Bill by His power. We love you all.
Mark & Kristi Groothuis
Thank you for these updates. I check Bill's care page at least once daily and he and your family are continually on my mind and in my prayers. I'm so glad to hear that you all find times of hope even in the middle of what seems to be a set back...I'll be praying that your hope stays high and that the leak is found and fixed!
ReplyDeleteJaclyn VanderVeen (Dave Ornee's sister)
Bill, Nancy and Family....
ReplyDeleteWe are watching the website daily....Frank, Susan, Alex, Ben and Grace. We are praying for your fast recovery. Everytime I look out and see the lights out in your house, i am reminded how fragile life is. Please know we are all, silently, by your side......
The Merlotti Family